Pear and Spinach Salad Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 - 171 g package of fresh Spinach
- 2 Pears, unpeeled
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) diced red pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3-4 slices of bacon, well cooked and diced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vinaigrette (olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) orange zest
- Quarter the pears lengthwise, core them and rub with lemon to prevent them from darkening;
- Slice each quarter thinly.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sliced pears, red pepper, walnuts and bacon.
- Mix the zest into the prepared dressing and pour over the salad.
- Toss well and serve with toasted bread as a first course.
Photo: California Bartlett Pears
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips