Pears in Papillote with Ginger Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
A little extra: serve the pears with nougat ice cream with saffron (recipe in this file) shaped into quenelles with two soup spoons. Delicious!
For 4 servings
- 4 ripe pears
- 1 lemon
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) candied ginger
- 60 g (1/4 cup) soft butter
- 40 g (6 Tbsp.) powdered sugar
- 30 g (1 oz.) chopped pistachios
- 500 ml (2 cups) cold crème anglaise (custard)
- Peel the pears, leaving the stem on. Hollow them out from the bottom using a paring knife to remove the core and seeds.
- In a food chopper, blend together the candied ginger, butter and sugar.
- Stuff the pears with this mixture then stand each of them on a large square of parchment paper. Drizzle with lemon juice to keep them from browning and fold the paper up into a sealed packet, or papillote. Tie with kitchen string.
- Steam the packets for 20 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
- To serve, divide the cold crème anglaise among four dessert plates or bowls. Open the papillotes and place a pear in the center of each plate. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve warm or cold.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips