Peppers Stuffed with Eggplant Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreheat the oven to 200° C (400° F)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10 + 45 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 200 g (7 oz.) cooked ham
- Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Place the peppers on the oven rack and roast for about 10 minutes at 200° C (400° F).
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling: sauté the shallots and onion in a little oil in a saucepan.
- Add the peeled cubed eggplant and continue cooking.
- Blanch the tomatoes for 1 or 2 minutes in boiling water; refresh; peel and dice. Add to the eggplant mixture. Cook a few minutes longer so the tomatoes give off their juice; add the ham, cut into thin strips.
- Season with salt, pepper and herbes de Provence.
- Remove the peppers from the oven. Cut off the tops and reserve. Remove the seeds and ribs.
- Stuff the peppers and put their tops back on. Stand the peppers upright in a baking dish. Add a little water to the pan to create some steam. Cook for 40-45 minutes in a 200° C (400° F) oven. Serve hot or cold.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips