Tropical Pineapple and Tapioca Verrines Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
To save time, use canned pineapple chunks.
For 4 servings
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) quick-cooking large pearl tapioca
- a few drops of yellow food coloring
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 1/2 packet vanilla sugar
- 1 pineapple
- 4 speculos (Belgian cookies)
- 2 Tbsp. crème fraîche
- 1 Tbsp. sugar cane syrup
- a few red currants
- 50 g (1/4 cup) sugar
- Cook the tapioca in the milk with the half packet of vanilla sugar and a few drops of yellow food coloring for 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Peel the pineapple, removing the "eyes," and cut the flesh into small cubes. Combine them with the sugar cane syrup.
- When the tapioca is cooked, add the cream.
- Place the mixture into four attractive glasses (verrines).
- Crumble the speculos over the top.
- Drain the pineapple and place on top of the cookie crumbs.
- Garnish with red currants and refrigerate before serving.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips