Cooking time: 30 minutes
It's always best to use fresh vegetables, but if necessary you could use canned or frozen vegetables.
This recipe can be made in advance. It's excellent cold: let the trout and vegetables chill in the court-bouillon.
Preparing the vegetables in court-bouillon
- place all the ingredients for the court-bouillon into a large saucepan; boil gently, covered, for 20 minutes; correct the seasoning.
Preparing the trout
- gut and clean the trout; remove the gills and fins; wash under cold water;
- place into a small heatproof dish or fish poacher;
- pour the hot court-bouillon over the trout and maintain at a simmer;
- poach the trout for 10 minutes; remove gently with a spatula; remove the skin, beginning at the tail end and pulling slowly towards the head;
- ladle some court-bouillon that has been flavored with the juice of 1 lemon into each serving bowl; divide the vegetables among the bowls and lay the trout fillets on top;
- garnish with lemon slices, parsley and tarragon.
Hints & Tips