Potatoes Boulangère Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
This is a classic recipe. Its name comes from the days when the dish was cooked in the oven of the baker (boulanger).
For 6 servings
- 1 kg potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 60 g / 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 bunch curled parsley
- 1 litre / 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 twig of thyme
- 1 laurel leaf
- salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 350 °F.
- Peel the potatoes and slice thinly (about 3 mm). Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash and pick over the parsley; chop finely.
- Peel the onions and slice thinly.
- Heat half the butter in a skillet and sweat the sliced onions and the garlic until lightly colored.
- Butter an earthenware baking dish; place layers of potatoes in the dish, alternating with the onions and the chopped parsley. Place a bay leaf and a sprig of thyme in the middle.
- Add enough broth just to cover, then bake for 45 to 60 minutes. The potatoes should be soft and golden.
- Serve with roast meat or poultry.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips