Homemade Potato Chips Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Soaking time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Potatoes (allow 350-400 g/12-14 oz. per person)
- Vegetable oil
- Peel the potatoes; slice them paper thin on a mandolin.
- Soak the potatoes in water to remove as much starch as possible - ideally 30 minutes. Place on a towel and thoroughly pat dry to remove the maximum amount of water.
- Drop the chips in hot oil. They should be seared immediately; turn and stir 2 or 3 times during cooking until nicely golden.
- Drain and salt; serve while still warm.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips