Potato Croquettes Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: About 45 minutes
Floury, yellow-fleshed potatoes for this recipe.
These croquettes make a perfect accompaniment to a roast.
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Potato
- 3 egg yolks + 2 eggs
- 50 g (3 tbsp.) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour
- Bread crumbs
- Salt, pepper, grated nutmeg
- Oil for frying
- peel and wash the potatoes; steam them or cook in boiling water;
- drain and mash without adding any liquid;
- melt the butter in a saucepan; whisk in the egg yolks and continue whisking over low heat until the mixture thickens;
- immediately remove from the heat and blend into the mashed potatoes;
- season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and form into croquettes;
- roll each one in flour, then dip into the bowl containing two beaten eggs;
- roll in bread crumbs and deep fry; remove when golden;
- serve hot.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips