Potato Pancakes from the Berry Region - Pannequets berrichons Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Potatoes
- 200 g (7 oz.) flour
- 600 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) crème fraîche
- 8 eggs
- Peel the potatoes; cook in salted water (start by placing the potatoes in cold water). Press the cooked potatoes through a sieve or ricer and add hot milk to make a fairly light purée. Season and whip with a whisk; cool.
- Add the flour, then incorporate the eggs one at a time, blending with a spatula without overworking. Add the cream. Let rest 1 hour.
- Heat some clarified butter in a skillet. When it is hot, drop in a small spoonful of the mixture (you could use a metal ring mold for a more regular shape). Use a spatula to turn the pancake, cook the other side, and keep hot.
An original recipe from François Bernard of the Restaurant Jacques Coeur in Bourges
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips