Kettle chips with parmesan and herbs Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation and cooking time: less than 30 minutes
Use coarsely sea salt, slightly crushed, to add crunch.
If you prefer to cook the chips in the oven, use fresh herbs and sprinkle them over the potatoes before cooking.
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes
- frying oil
- 1 tsp. dry rosemary
- 1 tsp. dry sage
- 1/2 tsp. dry thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Wash and clean the potatoes in cold running water.
- Using a mandoline, or vegetable peeler, finely slice the potatoes into chips. Drop the chips into a bowl of ice water as you work to prevent them from going brown. This will also remove any excess starch.
- Fry the potatoes in batches until golden and crispy.
- Drain the chips, dry well on paper towels and season with salt, herbs, parmesan and freshly ground black pepper.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2021. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips