Cooking time: 3 hours
The meats and bacon are already very salty, so we recommend not adding any salt. You can corrrect the seasoning to taste at the end of the cooking time.
The pork blade (shoulder) is best not deboned.
It's best to blanch the cabbage for a few minutes in a separate pot of water before proceeding with the recipe in order to make it more digestible.
- Wash and peel the turnips, carrots and potatoes. Peel the onions. Cut the carrots, potatoes and onions into large pieces. Put the potatoes immediately into a bowl of water to prevent them from darkening.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, removing the core and large veins. Carefully wash the leaves under running water to remove any soil or insects that may be inside. Cut the cabbage into thick slices or wedges, depending on the size.
- Clean, wash and slice the leeks, keeping very little of the green part.
- Blanch the smoked bacon and ham, skimming the surface until the water becomes clear.
- Add the vegetables (carrots, turnips and leeks) as well as the cabbage wedges. Season with pepper; add the bouquet garni, coriander seeds and juniper berries wrapped in cheesecloth. Cook for about 2 hours.
- Add the peeled potatoes and the garlic sausage. Cook for 20 minutes longer.
- Arrange the drained vegetables on a platter with the sliced bacon, pork and sausage. Serve immediately.
Hints & Tips