Praline Butter Popcorn Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 17 minutes
You can keep the popcorn for 4 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 600 ml (2 1/3 cups) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 liters (8 cups) plain popped popcorn
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 160° C (325° F).
- Combine the butter, honey and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly, then add the baking soda.
- Combine the popcorn and pecans in a bowl. Pour on the hot syrup, tossing to coat well. Spread the mixture on a large greased baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the mixture is a deep golden color, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool and place in an airtight container.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips