Cooking time: About 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F).
- Place the rabbit in an ovenproof dish and add the herbs, pancetta and half the butter.
- Combine the ingredients and place the dish in the oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with water occasionally if necessary.
- Remove the rabbit from the dish when cooked and keep hot.
- Heat the cooking juices and deglaze the pan with the brandy. Be sure the dish can be placed on the flame or element.
- When the liquid is hot, flambé the brandy. Scrape up all the caramelized cooking juices from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the wine and reduce until almost completely evaporated.
- Add the cream and reduce until slightly thickened.
- Serve as is, or place the sauce in a blender until creamy and smooth.
- Reheat the sauce and pour over the rabbit.
- Serve with long noodles.
Blanc de St-Jacques 2008, Domaine St-Jacques, Québec (white wine, available at the vineyard)
A recipe from food writer Stefano Faita, columnist with the Journal de Montréal for 5 years. Author of 2 cook books, and commentator on various culinary TV shows on different networks.
Hints & Tips