Rabbit Leg en Papillote with Lemon Herb Sauce Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
For 4 servings
- 4 rabbit legs
- juice of 1 lemon
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) thick cream
- 4 medium potatoes
- tarragon, chives and chervil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200° C (400° F).
- Blanch the potatoes in boiling water for a few minutes. Peel and slice thinly.
- Prepare the sauce by combining the cream, lemon juice and herbs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay out 4 large squares of parchment paper and place a rabbit leg and some of the potatoes on each one. Divide the sauce among the parcels and close up tightly.
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, then open up the parcels and allow the meat to brown for 5 minutes.
More recipe ideas
Photo: CLIPP/Y. Bargros. Collaboration: Lapin de France
Hints & Tips