Braised Rabbit with Sorrel Sauce Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: a little over an hour
For 4 servings
- 1 rabbit, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion
- 1 basket of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Cut up the rabbit and place the pieces in a Dutch oven or cocotte with a little olive oil.
- Add the thinly sliced onion and garlic.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in the wine. Pour over the rabbit.
- Cook over low heat for an hour.
- A few minutes before the rabbit has finished cooking, prepare the sauce.
- Remove the rabbit pieces, reserving just 2 Tbsp. of the cooking liquid; mix it into the sorrel sauce. Simmer a few more minutes.
Serve with fresh tagliatelle or linguine.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips