Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 + 15 minutes
No need to wait the harvest season to make irresistible fruity dishes. With Belle Maman, strawberries, raspberries, apricots are always in season. The little plus: The new Bonne Maman INTENSE Fruit Spreads with more fruit & 39% less sugar than regular preserves deliver an authentic, homemade taste with just the right touch of sugar. A simple pleasure all year round.
The tarts can be made up to 1 day ahead and kept in an airtight container. Warm in a low oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan oven 180°C), gas mark 6.
- To make the pasty, put the flour, butter, caster sugar and egg yolk into a food processor or blender and pulse until it reaches the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Place 3 tablespoons water in a cup and stir in the almond extract. With the motor running, add enough water, a little at a time, until the mixture just begins to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and line 4 x 12 cm / 5 inch ceramic flan dishes. Prick the pastry all over with a fork and refrigerate until needed.
- Bake the pastry cases blind in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.
Filling and Finishing
- To assemble the tarts, spread the jam over the base of the pastry cases. Separate the eggs and mix together the egg yolks, mascarpone, sugar and ground almonds. Whisk the whites in a clean, dry bowl to stiff peaks and fold into the mascarpone mixture.
- Pour this over the raspberry bases and top with the flaked almonds.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C (fan oven 160°C), gas mark 4 and bake the tarts for about 15-25 minutes. The tarts are cooked when the tops have risen a little and the mixture is set and golden.
- Lightly dust with icing sugar and serve warm with a dollop of crème fraiche.
Hints & Tips