Raspberry-Pistachio Yule Log Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 60 g Maïzena
- 40 g flour
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. Matcha tea
- 160 g sugar
- 1 baking powder Pocket or 2 Tbsp.
- 100 g raspberry jelly
- 230 g insalted pistachios
- 1 egg white
- 200 g icing sugar
- Some fresh or frozen raspberries depending on the season
- Cook the 60 g powdered sugar in a dry pan until browned. Add the pistachios and stir well.
- Pour the mixture out onto an oiled work surface and spread into a thin layer with an oiled rolling pin.
- Cool, then grind coarsely in a blender to make a nougatine.
- Preheat the oven at 180° C / 350° F. To make the sponge, separate the eggs. Whisk the yolks with the remaining sugar, hot water and tea until light and pale.
- Add the baking powder, cornstarch and flour. Mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites to firm peaks and fold into the preceding batter.
- On a baking sheet lined with a lightly-buttered sheet of parchment, pour out the batter to form a large rectangle.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Dampen a clean kitchen towel. Lay the towel on the counter and turn the sponge onto it.
- Remove the parchment and roll up the sponge in the towel. Let cool.
- Unroll the sponge. Spread with the raspberry jelly and sprinkle with one-third of the pistachio nougatine, then roll up tightly.
Icing and finishing
- To make the icing, combine the egg white with the icing sugar until perfectly smooth and shiny. Cover the log with the icing, then decorate with pistachio nougatine. Refrigerate.
- 20 minutes before serving, remove the log from the refrigerator and decorate with a few raspberries.
More recipe ideas
Crédit photo : Daniel METTOUDI/CEDUS
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips