Rice Pudding - Baked Version Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
For 4 servings
- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked Rice
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sultana raisins
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream
- A small pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp. (or more) grated coconut
- 1 tsp. butter
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and pale; add the rice, salt, raisins, vanilla, nutmeg and lemon zest. Combine well.
- Blend in the cream. Pour the pudding into a buttered dish. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Brown the coconut in the butter.
- Pour the pudding into dessert bowls.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips