Roquefort mousse with pears and fruit flamed with Gaillac Recipe
Flavors of Haute-Garonne
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Recipe from Julie Armand, pupil at the Lycée d’Hôtellerie et de Tourisme d’Occitanie –Toulouse
This recipe shows 3 AOC : roquefort cheese, Gaillac wine and nuts from Périgord
For 4 servings
- 300 g of Roquefort
- 8 pears (preferably Abatte variety)
- 4 lemons
- 6 walnuts from the Périgord
- 100 g of sugar
- 200 ml / 4/5 cup of crème fraîche
- Beat together the Roquefort and crème fraîche into a firm mousse.
- Peel 4 pears, cut them widthways into 1cm slices. Core each slice. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Put the 4 pears together again by alternating the pear slices with a layer of creamed Roquefort. Keep cool.
- Cut the other 4 un-peeled pears into slices lengthwise.
- Cook in the wine which has been reduced.
- Arrange on the dish and cover with sauce. Sprinkle the pears and the surrounding sauce with crumbled Roquefort.
More recipe ideas
With the assistance of Midi-Pyrénées TO
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2023. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips