Salad of Smoked Trout, Cucumber and Avocado with Cucumber Vinaigrette Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 20-30 minutes draining time
Cooking time: None
For 4 servings
- 1 fillet of smoked Trout
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. coarse (kosher) salt
- Trout caviar
- A few mâche (lamb's lettuce) leaves
- 1 cucumber (juice)
- 1 tbsp. verjus
- 1 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the trout into small dice, being careful to remove any bones or skin.
- Peel, seed and finely dice the cucumber.
- Toss with the kosher salt and place in a strainer to drain for 20-30 minutes.
- Peel and cut the avocado into small dice. Immediately toss with lime juice and salt.
- Keep all ingredients separate until time to serve.
- When ready to serve, rinse the salt from the cucumber and pat dry. Toss the trout, avocado and cucumber with the cucumber vinaigrette.
- Lightly press into a ring mold. Remove the mold and top with trout caviar.
- Dress the plate with baby mâche and drizzle with more cucumber vinaigrette.
For the cucumber vinaigrette
- Combine the cucumber juice, verjus, champagne vinegar, salt, pepper, and egg yolk in a blender.
- With the blender running, drizzle in the olive oil to make an emulsified dressing. Use at room temperature.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips