Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook until golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach, remove from heat and let rest until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with dill and stir in cooked rice.
- Arrange chilled pastry in the centre of a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place half of the rice mixture in the middle third of the pastry.
- Top with salmon.
- Cover with remaining rice mixture.
- Fold one side of pastry over salmon. Fold over remaining side of pastry to enclose salmon.
- Fold ends of pastry underneath salmon.
- Cut vents in top of pastry.
- Brush with egg.
- Bake in the centre of the oven until pastry is puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and cook until tender and translucid, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, salt and pepper and cook one minute. Pour in wine and cook until almost evaporated.
- Pour in cream, milk and dill. Whisking until combined. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Slice salmon pastry in half and top with warm dill sauce.
PER SERVING: about 620 cal, 32 g pro, 30 g total fat (10 g sat fat), 44 g carb, 3 g fibre, 85 mg chol, 960 mg sodium, 2 mcg zinc, 4 mcg B12. %RDI: iron 20%, calcium 15%, vit A 40%, vit C 25%, zinc 15%, B12 65%
Photo and collaboration: www.riceinfo.com
Hints & Tips