Preparation time: A few minutes
Cooking time: None
I use Japanese Afternoon tea, a blend of green tea and chamomile that has a wonderful flavor.
This carpaccio can be served on its own. Personally, I like to top it with julienned cucumber and radish and a few grilled shrimp to balance the hot and cold. Sometimes I even add a spoonful of caviar.
- infuse a stalk of lemongrass, cut into pieces, in some warmed lemon juice so that it can better absorb the flavors;
- infuse 1 tsp. green tea in 4 tsp. hot water for 2 minutes;
- combine the ingredients for the marinade;
- thinly slice the raw scallops; cover with the marinade and let rest for just a few minutes;
- top with julienned cucumber and radish, grilled shrimp and caviar.
Hints & Tips