Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
In my original recipe, I place the thinly sliced scallops in a puff pastry or short crust tartlet shell, and I purée a half avocado with 50 ml (10 teaspoons) olive oil.
Although avocado is considered high in fat, it contains much less than olive oil. Therefore I’ve used a whole avocado to obtain a reasonable quantity, preparing it just with lime juice. I then gave up the idea of the tartlet which, although it adds texture and aesthetic to the plate, ends up being a killjoy in a reduced calorie menu, so I used the natural scallop shell for the presentation. In this way, even while respecting the basis of my recipe to the utmost, I lowered the total calorie count from 2866.9 to 1083 calories, or 270.7 per serving.
- Slice the zucchini and blanch it in boiling water for 2 minutes. Remove to a kitchen towel.
- Cut the avocado into four pieces, remove the peel, and chop the flesh finely.
- Purée the flesh of the avocado with the lime juice. Incorporate the grated Parmesan cheese and some chives.
- Open each scallop and remove the membranes and roe. Slice each scallop crosswise into four pieces and place them on a tray.
- Make the lime vinaigrette by mixing together the grated lime zest, the juice of 1/2 lime and the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully wash and dry all the lettuces.
- Combine the lettuces and chives and toss with a little of the lime vinaigrette just before serving.
- Into each half scallop shell, place a layer of avocado purée, a layer of zucchini and a scallop slice. Repeat 3 more times.
- Place the dressed lettuce on plates and set the shell on the bed of lettuce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, coarse salt and chives and a few drops of the lime vinaigrette.
Hints & Tips