Seared Onaga with Chili Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe) Beurre Blanc Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreheat oven at 375°F. (190°C.)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Under 15 minutes
From the kitchen of the Sheraton Maui
Ingredients for 2 servings
- 2 x 180 g (6 oz.) Onaga or Ruby Snapper or red snapper fillets
- 250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. fish stock
- 1/2 tsp. concentrated powdered lobster stock
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) flour
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. tobiko (flying fish roe)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Combine the following in a small bowl:1/2 of the Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper, 1/2 of the lemon juice.
- Roll the fillets in sauce then dusk with flour.
- Sear them in medium size sauté pan with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil.
- Finish off in oven at 375°F. (190°C.) for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the following in a small saucepan:1/2 cup white wine, remaining Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp fish bouillon, 1/2 tsp lobster base.
- Reduce the whipping cream in separate saucepan and combine to the first reduction.
- With wire whip gradually add butter chips and add 1/2 of Chili Tobiko.
- Place the sauce on top of the fillets. Place remaining Chili Tobiko on top of fillets of Onaga for garnishing.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips