Pan seared sesame-crusted tuna steaks Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
To be at its best, the tuna should be cooked on the outside but almost raw (just warm) in the middle.
For 6 servings
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sesame seeds
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) black sesame seeds
- 180-225 g (6-8 oz.) tuna steaks
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups (12 oz ) wasabi horseradish cream sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the sesame seeds in a shallow dish.
- Pat the tuna steaks dry and rub both sides with 1 ½ tbsp. vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and press both sides and edges of the tuna steaks in the sesame seeds.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet on high heat until the oil just begins to smoke. Add the tuna steaks. Cook 30 seconds without moving, reduce the heat to medium-high. Cook a total of 1 ½ minutes on each side for rare or 3 minutes on each side for medium rare, being careful when turning the steaks not to disturb the crust. The sesame seeds should be golden.
- Cut the tuna steaks into 5 mm (¼ inch) slices and serve topped with wasabi horseradish cream sauce.
More recipe ideas
Collaboration : Stonewall Kitchen. http://www.stonewallkitchen.com
Hints & Tips