Sorrel Chiffonade Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- The chiffonade can be served on its own as a garnish. You could also add some cream and reduce over medium heat.
- Mixed chiffonade is a combination of sorrel and lettuce leaves which both reduces the acidity and augments the quantity.
- 200 g (7 oz.) Sorrel, stems removed
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) heavy cream for the creamed version
- wash the leaves; pat dry on paper towel; cut into strips;
- melt the butter in a pan; once it begins to foam, add the sorrel;
- partly cover the pan; cook until the liquid has evaporated; serve.
- For creamed sorrel, once the liquid has evaporated add a little cream and cook until slightly thickened;
- season to taste.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips