Macerating time: 2 hours
Double boiler: 1 hour
Freezing time: 2 hours
A recipe that originated in Fribourg, this is a dish inspired by a dessert from my childhood, namely meringues with berries and cream.
- Wash, hull and quarter the strawberries. Place them in a bowl with the sugar and let macerate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Place the bowl over a pan of water set over low heat for 1 hour so that the strawberries exude all their juice. Drain and strain without pressing through a fine sieve. Reduce by one-third over low heat and set aside.
- Wash, hull and quarter the strawberries.
- Place them in a bowl with the sugar and macerate for 2 hours at room temperature.
- Blend everything until smooth, add the lemon juice and strain. Place in an ice cream machine until frozen; set aside.
- Soak the gelatin sheet in cold water. Drain and dissolve in the warm strawberry juice.
- Wash, hull and finely dice the strawberries.
- Divide the strawberries and mint among four 6 cm circles and drizzle the jelly over top. Let set in the refrigerator.
- Cut the meringues into small dice and divide among 4 bowls. Top with a disc of strawberry jelly and spread some cream over top.
- Cover with a rosace of thinly sliced strawberries. Brush on the reduced strawberry juice and garnish with a scoop of the strawberry sorbet.
Hints & Tips