Gariguette Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble with Mascarpone Ice Cream and Mint-Strawberry Juice Recipe
Flavors of Switzerland
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: Under 30 minutes
For 8 servings
For the crumble
- 5 nice stalks of rhubarb
- 500 g (18 oz.) Gariguette strawberries
- 1 liter (4 cups) water
- 500 g (18 oz.) sugar
- 450 g (1 lb.) powdered almonds
- 375 g (12 oz.) brown sugar
- 375 g (12 oz.) flour
- 10 g (2 tsp.) salt
For the mascarpone ice cream
- 500 g (18 oz.) mascarpone
- 400 g (14 oz.) sugar
- 400 ml (2 1/2 cups) water
- 600 g (2 1/2 cups) 35% MF cream
For the mint-strawberry juice
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Gariguette strawberries
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) sugar
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) water
- 1 lemon
- 20 mint leaves
- Dice the rhubarb finely.
- Make a syrup with the water and sugar. When it comes to a boil, add the rhubarb for 30 seconds, then refresh immediately in ice water.
- Add the diced strawberries to the rhubarb; set aside.
- Using your fingers, rub the cold butter into the almond powder, brown sugar, flour and salt. Spread the mixture over a baking sheet and place in a 210° C (425° F) oven until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Place a little almond powder in the bottom of small ramekins, add the strawberry-rhubarb mixture, then sprinkle the previously baked crumble on top. Just before serving, place the crumbles into a 180° C (350° F) oven for 4 to 8 minutes.
Glace au mascarpone
- Make a syrup with the water, sugar and cream.
- Bring to a boil; off the heat, mix in the mascarpone. Freeze in an ice cream maker.
Jus de fraise à la menthe
- Hull and quarter the strawberries.
- Make a syrup with the water and sugar; infuse the mint. Let cool and strain onto the strawberries.
- Add the lemon juice. Liquefy in a blender and strain. Refrigerate.
- Serve the crumbles with the mascarpone ice cream.
- Serve the mint-strawberry juice in a glass.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips