Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Waiting time: 24 hours
France’s Sologne region is both a conservatory and a research location for new varieties of strawberries. They enliven this meal with their cool, fresh, juicy qualities and are enhanced with a Mediterranean note of basil, a surprising touch in this sparkling jelly.
- Make a syrup with the boiling water and sugar. Infuse the vanilla bean, saffron, pepper and orange and lemon peels. Add the gelatin.
- Halve the strawberries. Place them in glass dessert coupes with a few small basil leaves.
- Remove the vanilla bean and citrus peels from the syrup. Pour the completely cooled syrup over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours to set.
- Before serving, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the jelly.
- Decorate with basil leaves or a thread of saffron.
Hints & Tips