Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutesPreparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: About 45 minutes
- Unbaked pastry for a double crust pie
- 1 liter (4 cups) thinly sliced Rhubarb
- 500 ml (2 cups) thinly sliced strawberries (Strawberry)
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) sugar
- 2-3 tbsp. cornstarch
- Egg or milk for glaze
- Line a deep pie plate with half the pastry.
- In a bowl, gently toss the rhubarb and strawberries with the sugar and cornstarch.
- Place the filling into the pastry.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with water and cover with the top pastry crust, either in a circle or in strips to create a lattice pattern. Brush the top crust with a little milk or egg.
- Bake in a 200° C (400° F) oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 180° C (350° F) and bake for about 30 minutes more, until the pastry is browned and the filling is thickened and bubbling.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips