Strawberry Tapioca Cloud Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
You can use fruit cocktail to color your dessert instead of strawberries.
For 6 servings
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 g (1/4 cup) sugar
- 2 Tbsp. icing sugar
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) sweet white wine (muscat)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 200 g (7oz.) strawberries +18 small ones for garnish
- Wafer "cigarettes"
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) large pearl dessert tapioca
- A few drops of yellow food coloring
- Cook the tapioca in boiling water with a few drops of yellow food coloring for 15 minutes, stirring often. Drain and set aside.
- Hull and purée 200 g strawberries with the lemon juice and icing sugar. Strain and refrigerate.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl, gradually incorporating the sugar until the mixture is light and pale.
- Place the bowl over the pan of simmering water and continue whisking for approximately 10 minutes. Once the mixture thickens, add the wine, whisking constantly, until the mixture is firm, foamy and stable.
- Fold in the cooked tapioca.
- Divide the strawberry sauce among glasses and top with the egg yolk mixture. Crumble a half cigarette wafer over each glass and top with the reserved small strawberries, diced. Garnish with the remaining wafer halves and refrigerate until serving.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips