Preheat the oven to 180° C/350° F
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Baking time: under 30 minutes
This is a traditional recipe of which there are numerous versions - but one fact remains: sugar pie is best served warm.
What are the differences between one recipe and another?
- the cream can be replaced by milk enriched with 50 g butter and an egg
- sometimes 125 ml chopped nuts are added to the mixture before pouring it into the pastry.
You could also make individual tarts for a buffet.
- In a small saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the cream. Remove from the heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Whisk in the egg and flour.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake at 180° C/350° F for about 20 minutes; remove from the oven; cool until just warm and serve.
Hints & Tips