Sweet Potato Cake Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hrPreheat the oven to 180° C (350° F)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 + 30 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings
- 1 kg (2 1/4 lb.) Sweet Potatoes
- 125 g (4 oz.) butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 10 g (1 tbsp.) flour
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) brown granulated sugar
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- 100 ml (6 tbsp.) milk
- 50 ml (3 tbsp.) rum
- Peel the sweet potatoes; cook in boiling water for about 30 minutes; drain and purée;
- add all the ingredients except for 2 or 3 of the egg whites to the sweet potato purée; mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them gently into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour into a buttered cake pan; bake for 30 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting the tip of a knife.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips