Glazed Sweet Potatoes & Dried Plums with Ginger Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 55 minutes
Orange-glazed sweet potatoes sprinkled with crystallized ginger will find a place at any holiday meal alongside ham, turkey or roast pork.
For 6 servings
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted dried plums (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for oiling baking dish
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- finely chopped zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Cut each sweet potato into 4 wedges, lengthwise. Cut each wedge in half across.
- Place sweet potatoes and dried plums in lightly oiled baking dish large enough to hold potatoes in one layer.
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, honey, oil, zest, salt and cinnamon; pour evenly over sweet potatoes and prunes. Sprinkle with ginger.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 45 minutes. Remove foil; baste sweet potatoes with juices from baking dish. Bake about 10 minutes more or until sweet potatoes are tender and glazed.
More recipe ideas
Photo : California Dried Plums Food Services
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2020. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips