Tapioca Mousse with Fruit Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration time: 2 hours
You can use frozen raspberries or substitute a colorful seasonful fruit.
For 4 servings
- 250 g (9 oz.) mascarpone\
- 50 g (2 oz.) icing sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2-3 ladyfinger biscuits
- 3 bananas
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 small basket of raspberries
- a few fresh mint leaves
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) large dessert tapioca or quick-cooking tapioca
- a few drops of green food coloring
- Cook the tapioca in boiling water with a few drops of green food coloring for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Drain.
- Peel and slice the bananas. Purée the bananas slices with the lemon juice and granulated sugar.
- Mix together the mascarpone and icing sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and light.
- With a spatula, stir in the banana purée.
- Gently fold in the cooked, colored tapioca.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks, then fold them gently into the preceding mixture.
- Gently add three-quarters of the raspberries.
- Divide the mixture among glasses or dessert cups and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Just before serving
- Divide the crumbled ladyfingers over the mousse with the remaining raspberries.
- Add 2 mint leaves for garnish.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips