Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Cooling time: 30 minutes + 2 hours
A recipe from Josée Fiset, co-founder of the Boulangerie Première Moisson
"Because the crust is unbaked, it will remain sticky, so you can't remove the pie from the pan. Cut the slices right in the pan and serve."
Soft granola bar crust
- Toast the seeds in a skillet over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Grind all the ingredients together in a food processor to form a paste.
- Add a little water if required to form the paste.
- Press the mixture into the pie plate with your fingers.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a saucepan and whisk together. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Scrape the vanilla bean with a knife to remove the seeds and add to the tapioca mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and cool to lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- Pour into the pie crust and refrigerate at least 2 hours, until the tapioca is set.
- Decorate with the green grape halves.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Vitalité Québec magazine, January 2011 edition, and Première Moisson.
Photo: artistic direction: Johanne Bouchard
Stylist and accessorist: Jacques Faucher
Hints & Tips