Shallot Tartlets with Smoked Duck and Neufchâtel Cream Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 400 g shallots
- 50 g butter
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 150 g puff pastry
- 100 ml chicken broth
- 100 ml crème fraîche
- 1 cucumber (optional)
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots. Cook them gently in butter until very soft..
- Deglaze with the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Correct the seasoning.
- Fill 4 tartlet molds with the shallots and cover with a disk of puff pastry.
- Bake in a 180 °C / 350 °F oven for about 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Neufchâtel in the broth.
- Add the cream and blend. Correct the seasoning if necessary. Keep hot.
- Once baked, turn the tartlets out onto 4 plates.
- Place a slice of smoked duck breast on each one along with some thin cucumber strips (optional).
- Serve with the Neufchâtel cream.
More recipe ideas
Photo: E. Graindorge
Hints & Tips