Fjord Trout with Pecans, Orange Sauce and Rosemary Recipe
Total time: 15 to 30 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 + 10 minutes
Waiting time for the sauce: 2 hours
For 4 servings
- 4 Norwegian fjord trout fillets, about 200 g (7 oz.) each
- 300 ml (1 1/4 cups) pecans
- 150 ml (10 Tbsp.) white flour
- whites of 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) fresh orange juice
- 150 ml (10 Tbsp.) white wine
- 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) chopped pecans
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) white wine vinegar
- 8 sprigs of parsley
- 3/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 branch of fresh thyme
- 2 branches of fresh rosemary
- 200 ml (3/4 cup) thick crème fraîche
- 100 g (6 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, in small pieces
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. grated carrot
- 1 Tbsp. julienned red pepper
- 500 g (18 oz.) sliced cabbage
- 50 g (3 Tbsp.) unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Chop the pecans finely with a teaspoon of flour in a blender and transfer to a large bowl.
- Place the remaining flour and egg whites in another large bowl.
- Cut the fish fillets into portions; season with salt and pepper.
- Flour the trout fillets on on side, shake off the excess flour and dip the other side in the egg white mixture.
- Place the side of the fillet coated with the egg white mixture into the bowl containing the chopped pecans and press gently to make them adhere.
- Repeat with the other fillets and refrigerate.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients in a saucepan and reduce gently for about 10 minutes. Add the rosemary.
- Reduce again to obtain about 100 ml (6 Tbsp.) - about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into another saucepan and add the cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat.
- Incorporate the butter, one piece at a time, without boiling.
- Season with salt and pepper and leave at room temperature for two hours.
- Heat the olive oil. Sauté the red pepper and carrot for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shredded cabbage and sauté another 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. butter with 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet. Allow to color.
- Place the trout fillets in the skillet, pecan side down.
- Fry until the coating is crisp and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the fillets and fry on the other side. Remove from the heat before they are entirely cooked through.
- Place the vegetables on plates.
- Place the trout fillets on the vegetables and pour a few spoonfuls of hot sauce over the fish and vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips