Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 + 10 minutes
Serve the trout medallions with seasonal vegetables cut into bite-sized pieces and still a bit crunchy; use white trout instead of steelhead or brook trout for a better harmony of flavor.
- blanch the spinach for 1 minute in boiling water; drain;
- in a food processor, purée the spinach, scallops, cream and 3 tbsp. white wine; season with salt and pepper;
- lay the trout fillets flat on a work surface; spread the filling over top; roll up;
- wrap each roll individually in aluminum foil; close up tightly; steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
- in a saucepan, reduce 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine with the chopped shallot until just 2 tbsp. liquid remains;
- whisk in the diced butter; season with salt and pepper;
- spoon some sauce onto each plate;
- remove the trout fillets from the foil; slice into medallions; place on the chive butter;
- serve immediately.
Hints & Tips