Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: A few minutes
1. Cut some bands of tuna 5 mm (1/4") thick. Using a size-45 round cutter, cut out 25 rounds.
2. Cut the remaining tuna into brunoise, i.e., very small dice. Once the tuna has been cut up, set it aside in the refrigerator.
1. Halve the avocados; remove the pits and peel.
2. Blend the avocado flesh with salt, pepper and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice; press through a sieve and transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small tip.
1. Chop the shallot and chives. Ciseler l’échalote et la ciboulette.
2. Take a bowl and set it over another bowl filled with crushed ice.
3. Add the mayonnaise, 100 ml olive oil, tomato concentrate, Tabasco, chopped chives, freshly-ground pepper, coriander, lime zest, salt and pepper. Whisk.
4. Incorporate the finely diced tuna with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
1. Wash the clams in cold water until the shells open; drain them and remove the meat from the shells.
2. Squeeze 2 oranges and reduce the juice over medium heat until it reaches a nice consistency.
Preparing the tartare
1. You will need 4 size-75 ring molds. Mold the tartare to fill the molds.
2. Pipe the avocado cream on top in attractive rosettes.
3. Place a salmon egg on each rosette.
1. Separate the basil leaves and place them in a blender.
2. Add 2 g of sugar, a little salt and pepper, then incorporate 100 ml olive oil. Strain.
1. Peel 1 orange and 1 lemon. Quarter them and place them in the blender; add 3 g sugar and a little salt and pepper.
2. Blend in 100 ml oil; strain.
1. Brush the tuna rounds with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Season the clams with the orange juice and a little salt.
3. Season the sea lettuce (that has been washed) with a small spoonful of vinegar.
4. Place the shells on the sea lettuce and place the clams in the shells.
5. Using a spoon or a dropper, place some attractive lines of sauce on the plate.
6. Place on the tartare at the last minute, since it should be eaten as cold as possible.
Hints & Tips