Medium-Rare Tuna with Thai Sauce and Crisp Vegetables Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
For 4 servings
- 1 tuna loin
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 cucumber
- Thai sauce
- sherry vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- salmon roe
- 4 asparagus spears
- Cut a large rectangular piece of tuna from the loin.
- Sear it on four sides in a non-stick pan. Remove quickly so that it stays rare in the center. Let cool.
- Cut the loin into 4 portions and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Cut the fennel in half lengthwise and slice into thin ribbons on a mandolin. Set aside in ice.
- Do the same with the cucumber.
- Cut the asparagus lengthwise into thin strips.
- Arrange the tuna slices in a spiral using a ring mold.
- Season with Thai sauce.
- Dress the crunchy vegetables (fennel and cucumber) with sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper and place on top.
- Garnish with salmon roe and asparagus slices.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips