Venison Tian with Hunstman Sauce Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 + 30 minutes
For 4 servings
- 500 g (18 oz.) venison or other game
- 300 g (10 oz.) potatoes
- 400 g (14 oz.) zucchini
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 small bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes. Wash the zucchini. Slice these vegetables into rounds and cook them in boiling salted water. Drain.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the meat (previously cut into large pieces).
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan and sauté the thinly sliced onion. Add the meat, chopped cilantro and garlic and 150 ml (1/2 cup) water. Season with salt and pepper; combine well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread the meat into 4 individual ovenproof dishes (or a large loaf pan) then add a layer of the potato and zucchini slices.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly, season and pour into the baking dishes. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Serve the tian with the sauce on the plate or on the side.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips