Perigord Walnut Cake Recipe
A recipe from Nordine Zafati - Lycée hôtelier de Toulouse Occitanie
This cake will keep for several days in the refrigerator and freezes very well.
For 6 servings
- 150 g (5 oz.) Perigord walnut halves
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz.) flour
- 3 eggs
- 150 g (5 oz.) powdered sugar
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) butter
- 2 Tbsp. Armagnac AOC
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz.) sugar
- 30 g (2 Tbsp.) butter
- 50 g (3 Tbsp.) heavy cream
- Chop the walnuts finely.
- Combine half the sugar with the walnuts.
- Combine the remaining sugar with the softened butter.
- Add the sugar-walnut mixture to the butter, then mix in the eggs one at a time, the salt, flour and armagnac.
- Butter a 22 cm (10") round tart pan, pour in the batter and bake in a 200° C (400° F) oven for about 30 minutes.
- The cake should be lightly browned but still moist.
Serve the cake decorated with caramelized walnuts and caramel sauce.
- Cook the sugar with 2 Tbsp. of water until caramelized.
- When the caramel is brown, mix in the 30 g butter and 50 g cream.
More recipe ideas
©Copyright MSCOMM 1996 – 2022. Michèle Serre, Éditeur
Hints & Tips