Walnut Marble Cake Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Prep. time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 180 g flour
- 180 g butter at room temperature (+ 15 g for the mould)
- 180 g sugar
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 60 g walnuts coarsly chopped
- ½ pouch or 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- icing sugar
- Cream together the butter and sugar with a whisk or electric mixer until smooth and light.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C /350° F.
- Separate the eggs. Blend the yolks into the butter/sugar mixture, followed by the flour, baking powder and walnuts.
- Beat the whites with a pinch of salt to form stiff peaks. Fold them gently into the batter.
- Divide the batter into two parts. Add the cocoa to one part, leaving the other part plain. Pour the two batters alternately into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before unmolding onto a rack.
- Dust with icing sugar as desired.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips