Chocolate and Vanilla Whoopie Pie Recipe
Total time: 30 to 60 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
- 270 g (9 oz.) flour
- 75 g (3 oz.) sweetened cocoa
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 125 g (4 oz.) butter
- 200 g (7 oz.) brown sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 200 g (7 oz.) butter or spreadable cream cheese
- 300 g (10 oz.) icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F).
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar; add the egg and blend well.
- Add half the dry ingredients and half the milk to the butter mixture and blend well. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Form the dough into small balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; bake for 15 minutes.
Filling and finishing
- Beat the butter and icing sugar well; add the vanilla.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread the inner side of half of them with the filling; use a piping tip for a more professional effect.
- Top with a second cookie, sandwich style, and refrigerate.
More recipe ideas
With the collaboration of CEDUS / lesucre.com
Hints & Tips