What better way to start your day, than with a nutrient-packed superfood smoothie? This acai smoothie recipe is quick and easy to make, and will undoubtedly give you a great lift to your day.
You can use any fruit you like but we can't forget the star of this show: the acai berry exploding with antioxidants.
A choice of pleasures
- A little chopped up celery adds a variety of taste, coconut sprinkled on top of a pineapple, and Acai smoothie brings a positively tropical spin.
- Want a little texture on your finished smoothie then consider adding some crunch by a sprinkling of healthy nuts, grains or seeds on top. If you are on the Chia seed roll, add a few to the mix.
- Muesli or granola can also be used as toppings and will add extra texture
- Tip the frozen fruits, milk, and acai powder into a blender.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and drink immediately.
The smoothie will keep in the refrigerator or a vacuum sealed container for a few hours, but is always at its optimum when fresh.
Photo : Pixaday
Hints & Tips