Prep. time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 4 minutes
Recipe by Helena Loureiro owner-Chef of restaurants Portus 360, Helena, and Cantinho de Lisboa in Montreal and maple culinary ambassador for the campaign Incredible Maple.
"Maple syrup’s smooth sweetness goes so well with the sunny taste of Portuguese food… Maple is a product from right here at home and it’s unique in the world. I love using it to enhance my flavours".
- Put almond powder and milk into a blender and run at maximum power for about 10 minutes.
- Scrape the sides regularly with a spatula. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, emulsify the oil and maple syrup.
- Add the remaining ingredients, whisk, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Using a peeler, peel the stems of 20 asparagus. Using a mandoline, slice them lengthwise, and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a pan, toast the other 8 asparagus for 3 - 4 minutes in a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the raw asparagus and mix well.
- Add the toasted almonds.
- Spread the almond cream on a serving plate and arrange the toasted asparagus on top.
- Cover with the raw asparagus salad with almonds.
- Scatter the cheese shavings and slices of Serrano ham on top and serve.
Hints & Tips