Spicy avocado dip Recipe
Flavors of Texas
Total time: less than 15 minutes
Cooking time: None
Recipe from Chef Diana Barrios-Trevino, Los Barrios Restaurant, San Antonio, TX in collaboration with Avocado from Mexico
For 350 ml
- 1 fully ripe avocado havled, pitted and peeled
- 250 ml / 1 cup sour cream
- 85 g cream cheese (room temperature)
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeño chilies from a jar, drained
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeño liquid from jar
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. green olives (optional)
- In a blender container, combine all ingredients except olives; blend until smooth, adding a little more of the liquid if the mixture seems too thick.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; garnish with sliced olives if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or raw vegetables.
More recipe ideas
Hints & Tips