Bananachoc cake Recipe
Total time: 1hr to 2hr
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
* 30 ml heavy cream or 60 ml light cream
- 2 ripe bananas
- 200 g flour + a little for the pan
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. baking powder or 1 packet
- 150 g powdered sugar
- 125 g butter + a little for the pan
- 2 eggs
- 30 ml / 2 Tbsp. crème fraîche*
- 5 ml / 1 Tsp. vanilla powder
- 50 g chocolate chips
- Slice the bananas (setting aside 4 slices) and melt the butter.
- Place the eggs, sliced banana, vanilla and sugar in a food processor and mix on high speed.
- Add the melted butter, cream, flour, baking powder and salt and mix again until the batter is smooth, then add the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured cake pan, place the 4 reserved banana slices on top and bake for 15 minutes at 180 °C / 350 °F, then reduce the heat to 160°C / 325 °F and bake 45 minutes longer.
- Remove from the oven, unmold onto a rack and let cool.
More recipe ideas
Photo : Rina Nurra / CEDUS
Hints & Tips