Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 3 hours
- Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef pot roast.
- Heat oil in stock pot over medium heat until hot. Brown pot roast. Pour off drippings.
- Add 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add vegetables; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until pot roast and vegetables are fork-tender. Remove pot roast and vegetables; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid.
- Measure and return 2 cups cooking liquid to stock pot. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve pot roast. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Longshot Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Producted by E. & J. Gallo Winery in California, the grapes for Longshot Cabernet Sauvignon were harvested at optimum ripeness, which allowed for easy extraction of rich colour and velvety tannins. The winemaker employed a warm fermentation process, which has resulted in a wine with more flavour and fruitier aromatics. This cabernet is a bold wine with big personality, driven by flavours of blackberry and black cherry, supported by firm tannins and a hint of spice—all leading toward a complex finish of dark chocolate espresso
Per serving: 384 calories; 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat; 5 g monounsaturated fat); 85 mg cholesterol; 444 mg sodium; 24 g carbohydrate; 3.9 g fiber; 45 g protein; 7.6 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 3.1 mcg vitamin B12; 4.7 mg iron; 46.6 mcg selenium; 10.5 mg zinc.
Recipe and photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Hints & Tips